PDA

View Full Version : Sonya Deville On If She Has Auditioned For Batwoman

Kemo
06-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Recent reports have suggested that Sonya Deville is pushing for acting roles in near future and one possible opportunity for her is the role of Batwoman in the CW series.

The former NXT star recently had an interview with ComicBookMovie.com where she talked about a number of things including a possible acting career and more.

Deville is WWE’s first openly gay female superstar. With Batwoman being a famous gay superhero, the female star was asked what it would mean for her to play the role:

“It was so cool to me to not only see a strong female being portrayed on a network like The CW, but that Batwoman is gay. That was so, so cool to me. I remember seeing when Ruby Rose got the part and being like, ‘Oh my God, that’s so badass.’

The fact they want to keep it in the LGBTQ+ community I think is something that’s really, really cool.” said Sonya Deville “I would love to be able to be the one to continue that inspiring message.”

When asked if she has had any contact with the makers of the show or if she had been given any chance to audition for the role, Sonya said that it’s a work “in progress. I’m working on it. [Laughs] I’ll say that.”

Ruby Rose, surprisingly announced her departure from Batwoman after the first season of the show recently. The producers have since confirmed that Rose’s Kate Kane will be replaced by a different character in season 2 of the series.