PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Reacts to WWE’s Big Creative Shakeup, Has Advice For Paul Heyman

Kemo
06-12-2020, 10:54 PM
Eric Bischoff has some thoughts about WWE’s decision to consolidate the writing teams of Raw and SmackDown.

WWE announced on Thursday that Bruce Prichard is now in charge of creative for both shows. The Something to Wrestle host had been acting as the Executive Director of SmackDown, a job previously held by Bischoff. Raw’s Executive Director, Paul Heyman, will remain with WWE exclusively as an on-air talent.

Bischoff commented on the dramatic shakeup. He also offered some advice for Paul Heyman. During a conversation with Christy Olson on After 83 Weeks, Bischoff said his initial reaction is to reach out to Bruce Prichard with a cheeky congratulatory message. “My first reaction is I’m going to send Bruce Prichard a text that says congratulations, with a question mark,” he joked.

Eric Bischoff says Bruce Prichard is one of his best friends and he fully supports Bruce in this new role. “Bruce is an architect, more than a creative mind. But Bruce being a good architect will know how to take advantage of the resources within his grasp, and will do a great job.”

As for Paul Heyman’s situation, Bischoff’s reaction was a little more .. mixed.

“He’s quirky as shit. He’s got his own thing, you know. Most really creative, highly aggressive people do. Paul was a handful but in a fun and positive way for me, not in a negative or challenging way, but in a way that kind of made you better because he made you think.”

Bischoff gave some advice to Paul Heyman, who now finds himself on the outside of WWE’s chaotic creative process.

“This too shall pass,” Bischoff advised Heyman. “It’ll pass quickly, and there will be another opportunity tomorrow. So just lay low.”

Bischoff added that Paul Heyman has a cult-like following with wrestling fans to this day. Heyman is an icon to so many people who feels he can do no wrong. Bischoff says that’s simply not the case and Heyman is ‘just a human being’ like the rest of us.

“He’s a very creative talented human being, but he still a human being that has flaws. but Paul is on such a pedestal that I think people tend to give him a little more credit than they should for some things.”