PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Names Former WWE Champion As Ideal SummerSlam Opponent

Kemo
06-13-2020, 09:40 PM
WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is already looking ahead to SummerSlam.

McIntyre spoke with Inside The Ropes about his ideal opponent for SummerSlam, which is where named Randy Orton as that opponent.

McIntyre explained that right now they’re in the position where WWE is building a lot of people including himself and Bobby Lashley together as they’ll be able to help each other with MVP bringing each other up.

He thinks they’re both helping to establish each other as he considers himself as being on the rise and WWE Champion and what his legacy is going to be.

“But someone like an Orton is someone who can make me work up, really learn from, he’s obviously an established name, people tune in saying hey there’s Randy Orton.“

“If they’ve never seen me before or remember me from the past they’re gonna go ‘ooh who’s this guy?’ and he’s gonna help tell that story and really establish me as a top, top player. I think basically Randy Orton is my Joker.”

As of this writing, despite the coronavirus pandemic, WWE is still moving forward with plans to hold SummerSlam with fans in attendance in Boston come August. Whether that will happen as scheduled remains to be seen.

McIntyre makes his next title defense against Lashley at Sunday’s Backlash PPV event.

o0ceJshmNqo