PDA

View Full Version : Shayna Baszler on Asuka – “She hasn’t even scratched the surface of what she can show”

Kemo
06-13-2020, 10:26 PM
WWE Superstar Shayna Baszler recently appeared on WWE’s The Bump. The former NXT Women’s Champion appeared on the WWE Network show to discuss a number of topics from her recent career with the company.

One of the points raised was the WWE RAW Women’s Championship match between Asuka and Nia Jax that will be taking place Sunday at WWE Backlash.

“I can sit here and tell you that Asuka got handed a title and whatnot. But she is a former champion” Shayna Baszler began. “So that’s not to say that she’s not a formidable opponent. She has proven that, but I think Nia Jax is on a roll lately, she’s been literally just picking people up and tossing them around, and nobody’s been able to stop her.”

Shayna Baszler elaborated further, saying “she did it to me in the Money In The Bank match. She just picked me up and threw me against the wall. Next thing I know? I’m waking up and the thing is over. So I know firsthand about how that goes and how it feels.”

Baszler would then talk about her and Asuka have similar backgrounds, even talking about how they trained with similar coaches. “Asuka is crafty and she’s game. We kind of came up in the same lineage through pro wrestling, kind of the same family tree. She trained with some people that I’ve trained with. And some of our coaches were teammates. So, if I know anything about where she came from in her training? In her upbringing? She hasn’t even scratched the surface of what she can show, so I know her toolbox goes a lot deeper than we even realise. So it’s gonna be…it’s gonna be a good match.”