PDA

View Full Version : Finish To Asuka Versus Nia Jax Reportedly Changed Hours Before WWE Backlash

Kemo
06-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Last night’s WWE RAW Women’s Championship match saw defending champion Asuka go to a double count-out finish with her opponent, Nia Jax. It has been reported, however, that this may not have been the original finish planned for their clash.

According to Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer, WWE supposedly changed the ending of the match up hours before WWE Backlash began. Alvarez explained how he was given the impression that WWE’s initial plans would have seen Asuka decisively pin Nia Jax. However, as fans saw last night during the pay-per-view, WWE ultimately went with a double count-out instead.

It has been previously reported that Asuka is in line to feud with Charlotte Flair. The original planned ending of her Backlash match up would have helped propel Asuka as a strong defending champion.

With her match with Nia Jax ending the way it did, however, there is speculation that WWE may continue their feud into next month’s Extreme Rules event.

If that is the case, whatever plans WWE had in place may be put on hold. A potential Asuka versus Charlotte Clair match may not take place up until their August pay-per-view, SummerSlam.

Flair recently lost the NXT Women’s Championship during NXT TakeOver: In Your House. This title change helped free her up as a potential contender to compete for Asuka’s gold.

eWWcr1b8b3A

John
06-15-2020, 09:03 PM
I didn't enjoy the match at all. I can't stand Nia as a performer or as a wrestler, so I skipped through most of it. The finish was stupid and dumb.