PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Reveals Which Superstars He Wants To Face, Almost Signing With NJPW

Kemo
06-17-2020, 08:03 PM
WWE Champion Drew McIntyre has revealed which top Superstars who would like to face off against. Speaking with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, McIntyre opened up about his dream opponents. He also revealed how close he was to signing with New Japan Pro-Wrestling prior to a phone call from Triple H.

According to Dreew McIntyre, the Superstar at the top of his list is none other than “The Phenomenal One,” AJ Styles. He noted how the two of them are “ships in the night.” McIntyre explained how when he had left WWE and was heading towards Impact Wrestling, Styles was going in the opposite direction. When both men were competing on the independent circuit, “it never worked out.” Even when both McIntyre and Styles were with WWE and on the same brand, they were both heels at the time and so couldn’t necessarily feud. “I thought it was finally about to happen, and then he went to SmackDown. Eventually, it’s going to happen.”

Other names Drew McIntyre would love to feud with include Sheamus, Jinder Mahal, Kofi Kingston and Big E, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Randy Orton and Undisputed Era members Adam Cole and Roderick Strong.
Drew McIntyre’s New Japan Plans

While listing possible opponents, Drew McIntyre expressed his interest in wrestling against NJPW’s Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada. He believes that his in-ring style would mesh perfectly with New Japan’s hard-hitting strong style. According to him, he was prepared to sign with NJPW in 2017. A phone call from Triple H changed those plans.

“Before Hunter called me to come back to WWE, the place I was going next was Japan,” Drew McIntyre stated. “My style would be perfect there and I could learn so much. The two opponents on the top of my list were Tanahashi and Okada. Ospreay would be great, as well. I wrestled him outside of WWE in a couple of my favorite matches. But still, I have to go with Tanahashi and Okada.”

Drew McIntyre recently defended his WWE Championship against Bobby Lashley at this past Sunday’s pay-per-view, Backlash.