PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart On Signing With WCW: “I’m Sorry That I Ever Went There”

Kemo
06-18-2020, 07:19 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart was a recent guest on WWE Backstage. During his time on the show, Hart opened up about his regret signing with WCW in late 1997. Reflecting on his time in the promotion, Hart stated how it was clear they had no idea how to utilize him.

Hart noted how Vince McMahon had previously warned him how WCW wouldn’t know “what to do with a Bret Hart.”

After three or four months with the company, Bret Hart realized how true Vince McMahon’s words were. He stressed how WCW “really didn’t know what to do with me.”

According to Hart, WCW had no appreciation for his in-ring skills and abilities. He shared how he would often go to Eric Bischoff to pitch ideas and feuds. Every time, he would apparently be shot down with “the most lame reason.”

Bret Hart recalled how he would ask “how about throwing me with this guy? How about putting me with Booker T? How about I do this?’ They would always come up with the most lame reason why I couldn’t wrestle you [Booker T] because you were wrestling someone else. I remember going, ‘that’s not even a reason.’ They really didn’t know what they were doing, and I’m not sure what the politics of all that [was].”

Hart then stressed how, if he could have the opportunity to reconsider his decision, “I’d think I’d try to figure out a better way to stay in WWE.”

Given his experience in WCW, Bret Hart added how he was sorry he ever signed to the company.