PDA

View Full Version : Fox Officials Reportedly Unhappy With SmackDown Segment

Kemo
06-19-2020, 02:42 PM
Fox officials were not happy with the segment between Jeff Hardy and Sheamus setting up a Backlash match between the two from last week’s episode of SmackDown.

The segment aired in full during the broadcast from East Coast. However, the ending of the segment was cut from the broadcast in the West Coast.

According to reports from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Radio, the network officials believed that the SmackDown angle violated their Standards & Practices.

So they decided to put a commercial break right before the controversial spot in the West Coast broadcast of the show which airs on tape delay.

For those who don’t know, Sheamus come down to the ring during the show and demanded a drug test from Hardy to prove that he was clean before their match.

The spot in question which Fox Officials were not happy with came towards the ending of the SmackDown segment when Hardy, after taking the test, tossed the container of urine into the face of his opponent.

The angle set up a match between the two former World Champions for the Backlash PPV which took place this past Sunday and Sheamus ended up winning this bout.

PtZwqLoFgd8

John
06-19-2020, 09:31 PM
While the segment wasn't entirely PG, it was entertaining and I liked the fact that WWE were "spicing" up their content by doing something a little edgier.

I did laugh at FOX cutting out the "You got pissed on" chants.

John
06-19-2020, 09:32 PM
While the segment wasn't entirely PG, it was entertaining and I liked the fact that WWE were "spicing" up their content by doing something a little edgier.

I did laugh at FOX cutting out the "You got pissed on" chants.