PDA

View Full Version : WWE Looking Into Allegations Against Jordan Devlin

Kemo
06-19-2020, 02:46 PM
WWE has released a statement regarding allegations lobbied against Jordan Devlin. Ligero from NXT UK has also been accused of sexual misconduct. The British wrestling scene is currently using the #SpeakingOut hashtag on Twitter to call-out wrestlers on allegations of sexual misconduct.

“We take any allegation of this nature very seriously and are looking into the matter,” WWE said to media regarding the allegations.

Natalie Sykes posted the following regarding Ligero:

“This is scary. I’m really scared. Jordan Devlin did this to me. And this is just the physical damage. Not including my arse and back bruises…because I don’t fancy posting that online,” a woman named Hannah Tweeted.

I hate resharing these photos but, your boys club did this. Our industry allowed this to happen. I was let down by a promotion. But please see this, please believe this. Please put measures in place for this not to happen again, and listen to women when they come to you for help.

— Hannah (@TextbookGlovers) June 18, 2020

Allegations Against David Starr

David Starr is also being accused of sexual misconduct. Several promotions have severed ties with him in the wake of the accusations.

Starting from when I went public 2 days ago, I have counted 7 women who have spoken up about abuse from Max Barsky/David Starr. And a few more who just confessed to having a sexual relationship with him while he was dating one of us (or both of us, there are overlaps)

— tori. ? (@slaymysterio) June 19, 2020

For the record;

I had no clue that David Starr was a sexual predator. If I did he wouldn’t have been anywhere near a locker room I was in

I did however find him to be full of shit.

Hope that clears it up.

— Pete Dunne (@PeteDunneYxB) June 18, 2020

Effective immediately Beyond Wrestling will no longer be working with David Starr.

The safety of our fans and wrestlers alike has and will always be our top priority.

— Beyond Wrestling (@beyondwrestling) June 18, 2020

(entire timeline is female wrestlers calling out sex pests)

fucking hell david starr really did create a union

— Maffew #BLM ???? (@Maffewgregg) June 18, 2020

David Starr has taken his social media private. Before he did so, he released the following statement:

“If this is the end of wrestling for me, that’s ok. I know I’m not a predator and I know the truth of this situation. I know that I’ve learned from my wrongdoings. There’s no sense in going on the offensive. No matter what I say, I’m the bad guy. No pity party. It is what it is.”