PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Talks Evolving On-Screen Character in WWE

Kemo
06-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Legendary WWE Superstar The Undertaker recently appeared on the After The Bell podcast w/Corey Graves. ‘Taker tackled a number of topics during the episode, including the evolution of his character in WWE and the biggest regret that he has in terms of a tweak he made for the ‘Deadman’ character.

It’s arguable that The Undertaker is the greatest character in the history of WWE, and the man behind the Phenom, Mark Calloway; would change the style and presentation of the character when he felt it was getting too ‘stale.’

“If I started to feel like it was becoming monotonous or stale? Then I would really kind of go into the think tank and figure out ‘okay what can I present?'” Undertaker began on the podcast. “What…what’s a different angle on this thing? Our business, as you will know, it’s a flavor of the week business.”

Undertaker would elaborate further, saying “especially now, because there’s so much exposure, guys get so much [screen time] you know? Even back then it was like that. I was really cognizant of that, I want to keep this…I want to keep this character fresh.”

‘Taker would then state that he would consider a change of pace for the Undertaker character whenever he felt it was necessary. “If I started feeling stale? Then in my head I would start thinking like, ‘okay, my audience must be feeling this too.'”