PDA

View Full Version : Travis Banks Releases Statement Regarding Allegations From Millie McKenzie

Kemo
06-22-2020, 08:06 PM
NXT UK wrestler Travis Banks has released a statement in regard to allegations of sexual misconduct. Banks is alleged to have had a relationship with Millie McKenzie when she was only 17 years of age and he was her trainer.

McKenzie posted several screenshots of exchanged messages between her and Banks.

Finding a hotel I’m staying in, finding my room number and knocking on my door for hours, continuously messing me when I ask you to leave is NOT OKAY.

— Millie Mckenzie ?????????? (@MillieMcKenzie0) June 20, 2020

Banks’ statement is below:

“Millie was a trainee of mine at Fight Club: Pro. She was also a close personal friend. We would be at shows together, attend the same social events, travel together and hang out at the wrestlers house where I was living. It was through this friendship a consensual relationship was formed.”

The relationship broke down between both parties and it ended. After it ended we agreed to talk it out. We apologized to each other for any individual actions behind the relationship breakdown. After seeing these comments, I can only repeat my apology. I am truly sorry for any pain caused by the relationship.”

McKenzie responded to Banks’ apology with a series of Tweets.

How dare you Travis. I never had anything to apologise for. You manipulated your position of power over me. At 17 years of age, I had no idea what a relationship actually entailed.The mental and emotional hurt you put me through is INEXCUSABLE 1/3

She also clarified some “age of consent” laws. Banks is 13-years older than McKenzie. He was born in 1987 and she was born in 2000.

It is illegal.

Keith Lee is upset over what McKenzie has had to endure. He offered up the following words of support:

@MillieMcKenzie0 I am very….very sad. I had found you to be rather amazing since I met you. Never ever would I ever have guessed. I offer a virtual hug. And I wish you healing. Be well my dear.

— Hopeful Lee (@RealKeithLee) June 20, 2020

McKenzie competed in the NXT UK tournament to declare a women’s champion in 2018. She reportedly rejected a contract offer to continue with the NXT UK brand, however. McKenzie, who recently turned 20, would have been just shy of 19 when she rejected the contract offer. It was reported at the time that she rejected the offer so she could continue working in Japan.

Progress has cut ties with Banks.

I believe @MillieMcKenzie0. Travis Banks is finished at Progress. ^JB

— PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) June 20, 2020