PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Kidd Pushing Davey Boy Smith Jr. To Return To WWE

Kemo
12-28-2020, 08:22 PM
https://i.imgur.com/AeqijCa.jpg

Tyson Kidd recently appeared on The Dropkick Podcast and spoke in-depth about the possibility of Davey Boy Smith Jr. returning to WWE.

The former partners held the WWE tag team championships nearly ten years ago. Smith has wrestled around the world since leaving WWE in 2011. He had a lengthy run in Japan and most recently worked for Major League Wrestling (MLW) here in the United States.

Smith recently finished up with MLW and now weighing his next move. Tyson Kidd says he’s been trying to convince Smith to return to WWE for a long time. However, Smith is a tough-willed person, is not easily convinced and has to make his own decisions.

“I’m waiting on this guy to come back,” Kidd said. “He’s funny. He’s always been this way his whole life and it’s all the credit to him. He kind of always – and I mean this in a positive way – marches to the beat of his own drum, and he does his own thing. He’s not easily swayed, which I really like about him. It’s not like I just talked to him one day and ‘Hey man, come back here” and then he goes ‘okay’ and then comes back and a month later he’s unhappy.’ He weighs everything out and he puts a lot of thought into everything he does.”

As much as Tyson Kidd wants to see Davey Boy Smith Jr. back in WWE, he admits that is far from a sure thing.

“So where he ends up honestly at this moment, I don’t know,” he said. “The sky’s the limit with him. He’s 6-foot-5. He’s third-generation. I believe he’s been gone way too long, for nine years now. In those nine years, I think he’s found himself. I think he’s changed a lot and I think the company has changed a lot. If everything aligns right it could be great synergy.”

Kidd presented several possible scenarios for Smith in WWE. Aside from Raw or SmackDown, he could make a big impact in NXT. He could see Smith going to NXT UK and being the top guy there before transitioning over to the primary NXT brand.

Wherever Davey Boy Smith Jr. winds up, Tyson Kidd just wants him to be happy.

“I would love for him to come back, but more than anything, whatever is going to make him happy.”

You can listen to Tyson Kidd’s appearance on the Dropkick Podcast in the player embedded below:

ADv3Fj-Zjbs