PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor Defends WWE Using Part-Time Legends In Top Roles

Kemo
01-06-2021, 11:31 PM
NXT Champion Finn Balor has some thoughts about WWE‘s decision to feature part-time legends in high-profile matches.

Balor defends his championship Wednesday night against Kyle O’Reilly at New Year’s Evil. He spoke to Metro.co.uk this week to promote the show.

Hulk Hogan recently complained that younger WWE wrestlers are cold to him backstage. He says this is partially because they are worried about him coming in to ‘steal their spot.’

Many WWE performers have been critical about legends coming in, competing in main events and taking that main event money and spotlight from the current generation. Finn Balor was asked about this dynamic and says it doesn’t bother him at all.

“I believe that everyone has a place in this business, and if you’re on the show, you’re on the show for a reason,” he began. “If you’re on the show once a year, if you’re on the show every night, that’s down to everybody’s individual circumstance.”

Balor believes legends have earned the right to wrestle occasional matches well after the prime of their careers. “It doesn’t affect me and it shouldn’t affect anyone else.”

On Monday’s Raw, 54-year-old Goldberg returned and shoved WWE Champion Drew McIntyre to set up a match at the Royal Rumble. Even though WWE has a locker room full of young talent that could benefit from this opportunity, Balor defends that it is better to have ‘some Goldberg’ than ‘no Goldberg.”

“For me, when the tide comes in, all the ships rise,” he said. “If we can have Goldberg on the show, if we can have anyone on the show for one night, I feel it’s better one night than never. I welcome these legends with open arms.”