PDA

View Full Version : Update On When NXT Might Move To Tuesday Nights

Kemo
03-15-2021, 07:22 PM
There have been several reports as of late that WWE NXT will be moving to Tuesday nights in the not-too-distant future. This has to do with NHL games possibly being broadcast on the USA Network on Wednesday nights soon. According to an update from PW Insider, it is looking as though the episodes of NXT directly following WrestleMania this year will be the first to air on Tuesday night.

The first Tuesday night episode is expected to air on April 13th, 2021.

"Several WWE sources confirmed tofay that the first WWE NXT episode coming out of Wrestlemania 37 weekend is currently scheduled to be held and broadcast on Tuesday 4/13." – PWInsider

— SoDuTw (@SoDuTw) March 15, 2021

Shawn Michaels recently commented on NXT possibly moving to Tuesday nights:

“I think it would only be fair to say everyone knows that when you are not competing against another similar show that it makes it a little bit easier,” said Shawn Michaels to the New York Post. “It allows people to enjoy that. And then you think about the follow from Raw the next night. So, clearly, it certainly wouldn’t hurt.”

Cody Rhodes also commented on NXT possibly moving nights.

“Not trying to sound braggadocios, we have destroyed them [NXT] for over a year now in that space. Them leaving, perhaps that opens up a different viewership for us on Wednesdays,” Rhodes said to ESPN radio recently.

“We’re not reactionary to their booking and won’t change anything we do with what they decide to do on Wednesdays,” Cody continued.

“There are a lot of smart people who work for WWE and perhaps they are planning something else, maybe it’s Wednesday Night Raw for all I know. I’m not assuming their white flag, moving to Tuesday nights, is a true white flag. I’ll wait and see.”

John
03-15-2021, 11:01 PM
Definitely makes sense, I struggle to find time to watch AEW/NXT on the same day so I'm always lagging behind. NXT on Tuesday makes sense.

LionDen
03-16-2021, 12:19 AM
Definitely makes sense, I struggle to find time to watch AEW/NXT on the same day so I'm always lagging behind. NXT on Tuesday makes sense.

I have to agree, this is not like the old Monday night wars. Will be much better to have shows on different nights. AEW and RAW on the same night would be fun but would be annoying also. The Monday night wars was fun when they attacked each other but could be annoying. Although with downloading and streaming the way it is today, it is much easier if you don't mind not watching one or the other live.

John
03-16-2021, 03:59 PM
I have to agree, this is not like the old Monday night wars. Will be much better to have shows on different nights. AEW and RAW on the same night would be fun but would be annoying also. The Monday night wars was fun when they attacked each other but could be annoying. Although with downloading and streaming the way it is today, it is much easier if you don't mind not watching one or the other live.

Exactly. Back in 2010, when TNA and Raw went live on Mondays, I was in high school and watched one Tuesday AM and one Tuesday PM, but the wrestling-overload was always frustrating, especially when you then needed to wait another 4 days until the next show (Smackdown). Space it out, it'll make life easier..