PDA

View Full Version : Snoop Dogg Says WWE Disciplined Him For AEW Appearance

Kemo
04-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Rap Icon Snoop Dogg recently appeared on Hot 97’s Ebro in the Morning podcast. The star behind hits such as ‘Gin N Juice’ and ‘Nuttin But a G Thang” discussed a number of topics during the podcast, including how WWE were not happy that he appeared in AEW.

Snoop got physical on the January 6th “New Year’s Smash” edition of AEW Dynamite. He hit a ‘frog splash’ (if you can call it that) during the show as part of promo for the Go-Big Show on TBS.

“Let me tell you this, Snoop Dogg ain’t no wrestler. He’s bigger than that” Snoop Dogg began, speaking on the podcast. “You gotta understand that. This is the dynamics of what happened: I had a show on TBS called Go-Big Show.

“So, Cody Rhodes was one of the judges on the show, and he’s one of the top dogs at AEW” Snoop noted. “So, as a promotional vehicle for the gig, I went on AEW.”

Snoop reveals that WWE disciplined him for his appearance on AEW Dynamite by putting their working relationship on hold.

Recounting WWE’s communication to him, Snoop said, “‘Hey, you running with them? We got to push pause on your ass for a minute. So, I stayed cool. They pushed pause for about two weeks, and then they go, ‘Hey man, we got this video game and we need you.’”

It’s not mentioned exactly which video game Snoop is referring to, but it is likely WWE 2K22.

Snoop’s appearance on AEW Dynamite got a lot of attention for his less-than-graceful dive off the top rope. His cousin, WWE Superstar Sasha Banks, teased him on social media that his moves need a little work.

fam! We’re gonna have to work on this.

— Mercedes Varnado (@SashaBanksWWE) January 7, 2021

Snoop Dogg has appeared for WWE many times over the years. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2016.