PDA

View Full Version : Backstage News On Daniel Bryan’s Free Agency

Kemo
05-07-2021, 02:14 PM
It was recently revealed that Daniel Bryan‘s contract with WWE expired on Friday night after his match with Roman Reigns. What exactly might be going on with Bryan’s free agency was recently addressed on Wrestling Observer Radio. According to comments made by Dave Meltzer, Daniel Bryan’s situation has some similarities to Brian Pillman, who had a very famous free agency stint in 1996.

“I will just say that if anyone tells you that they know, they are lying to you,” Meltzer said about Bryan’s situation.

“It’s up in the air. I’m sure someday that in 30 years, I’ll have more to say. I have Dark Side of the Ring flashbacks on this story already,” Meltzer continued. This comment drew a confused reaction from co-host Bryan Alvarez.

“Dark Side of the Ring, what does that have to do with anything?” Alvarez asked.

“Cause the Brian Pillman’s story is airing tomorrow night,” Meltzer responded.

“What does that have to do with Bryan Danielson?” Alvarez continued to ask. “Did he buy a Humvee?”

“No, he didn’t buy a Humvee, I don’t think,” Meltzer responded.

In 1996, Brian Pillman famously convinced WCW to give him an official release as part of a planned “Loose Cannon” free agency storyline. Pillman then showed up on ECW television and eventually was able to negotiate a deal with WWE thanks to having received his release from WCW. What, if anything, this has to do with Daniel Bryan is not known.

Meltzer then continued to hint at some big things happening soon in wrestling.

“There’s some crazy things going on in wrestling, some really crazy things going on in wrestling but they haven’t happened yet. I’m sure one of them will be when he shows up somewhere, which could be WWE, could be somewhere else. That’s about it for now,” Meltzer continued.