PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman Reflects On John Cena’s ECW One Night Stand Performance

Kemo
05-08-2021, 04:27 PM
In 2006, at the second ECW One Night Stand PPV, Rob Van Dam defeated John Cena to win the WWE Championship. The atmosphere inside the arena that night was intense and Cena played into the negative reaction he got that night. Paul Heyman recently spoke to Metro UK about Cena’s performance on the show.

“John Cena feeds off of the interaction with a live audience like very few people on the face of the planet in history ever have, ever could, ever would, or ever have the ability to generate that level of passion from a live crowd,” Heyman said.

Cena threw his t-shirt into the crowd as he normally does during this show, only this time the ECW faithful tossed it right back at him.

“I think John Cena, to this day, loved every single micro moment of it.”

“Anybody that says that they wouldn’t cherish the opportunity to work with John Cena on any level is a fool,” he continued.

Heyman continued to reflect on the ECW shows in 2005 and 2006. He also reflected on the type of atmosphere the promotion regularly had before going out of business.

“Everybody talks about the atmosphere of Rob Van Dam versus John Cena at the 2006 show, or The Sandman’s entrance at the 2005 show, or the atmosphere of the entire night at the 2005 show,” Heyman reflected.

“I’m happy the memories of those two shows are so vivid to so many people – and I will use the word “and” instead of “but”. And I would add to that statement – we did this every night in ECW. That was the atmosphere every night in ECW.”

02WUftADD28