PDA

View Full Version : Pat McAfee Comments On Unaired Smackdown Scene

Kemo
05-08-2021, 04:33 PM
Last night, WWE presented a throwback edition of Smackdown. New Smackdown commentator Pat McAfee appeared to resemble Vince McMahon on the show but as it turns out, McAfee had planned on doing a much larger VKM impersonation on the broadcast.

McAfee took to Twitter to comment on an unaired scene from Smackdown last night with him dressed up and acting as Vince McMahon himself.

“Tonight was gonna be a memorable 1. I was prepared to have no voice for weeks.. Got the Bentley driven DAHN there. Shaved my face 4 the first time in my life. Ideas got changed immediately after filming this,” McAfee Tweeted. “I’m thankful we got the clip. All in all fun night on Smackdown.”

McAfee recently spoke to the New York Post about his approach to commentary.

“I’m trying to be something that provides a little more assist for stories that are happening as opposed to interjecting myself in stories. But it was difficult not to be a heel full-time in there, I will say. I think that will naturally turn up a little bit, but I don’t think you’ll ever expect me going on to commentary … maybe it will happen, but I don’t think so, though … of me saying, ‘it must suck to suck’ or whatever to whoever is listening. I don’t know if that’s going to happen. Maybe it will. Maybe that’s how it will kind of feel and lead to. But for me, I’m naturally more of a heel, but I also want to make sure I’m not distracting from all the incredible things going on SmackDown.”