PDA

View Full Version : Rob Van Dam Talks Importance of Bam Bam Bigelow ECW Match

Kemo
05-17-2021, 09:08 PM
ECW legend and WWE Hall of Famer Rob Van Dam is the subject of the latest WWE Icons series. The new episode aired on Peacock and WWE Network just after the WrestleMania Backlash show and highlighted the career of the ‘Whole F’ing Show.’

During the special, RVD would discuss the ECW Television Title match that he believes made him a star in the company. “Bam Bam Bigelow was the Television Champion. I wrestled him in Buffalo, New York” Rob Van Dam began, discussing the match from 1998. “At the time, that was probably our best building with the biggest crowd.”

“That match was very important to me,” Van Dam continued. “I loved wrestling with Bam Bam Bigelow. He was so strong. … The match was awesome, everything was just so good.”

“At the end of the match, I rolled him up. Winning the ECW Television Championship was a very big moment for me” RVD revealed. “I don’t think that I realized how pivotal that was going to be for my career.”

“What I probably didn’t realize was that all of a sudden I was a superstar” RVD concluded. “I held the TV Championship for two years, and it was very rewarding.”

This was the match that saw RVD fly from the top turnbuckle to the crowd and it became a moment that has been used in highlight packages ever since.

Check out a sneak peak of the new WWE Icons episode below:

Z-nrUBwc8Z0