PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Reveals the Real Reason Booker T and Batista Came to Blows

Kemo
05-18-2021, 06:16 PM
Backstage arguments are common in any wrestling organization. Talking on his Kurt Angle Show podcast, Angle recently discussed one such incident during his time with WWE. The argument in question is quite well known and happened back in 2006.

Smackdown stars Batista and Booker T got into a brawl behind the scenes and according to Kurt Angle, the whole thing was one big misunderstanding.

Batista made a comment that Booker T overhead. Tempers flared, as they are want to do in a business such as professional wrestling. The pair went at it, and the rest is news telling history.

“I don’t think it was anything personal against Booker T or anyone else on SmackDown. Batista said it and Booker confronted him and now the situation got hotter. Now Booker confronts Batista, makes Batista look like an idiot, Batista confronts Booker and now they end in a fight competition. The fight occurred, I got there afterwards, I saw Booker T had a black eye and Batista was a little banged up and I just thought it was a big misunderstanding. I know they apologized afterwards and made up and did whatever they had to do to move on, they just misunderstood each other about the whole situation. It was a shame; it didn’t have to happen.” Angle said.

In an environment such as professional wrestling, tempers are going to run hot at times. Incidents such as this can serve as a lesson to current roster stars. It’s important to get the full context of something before charging into a confrontation.