PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens On Why He Is Conflicted About Winning The IC Title Again

Kemo
05-20-2021, 02:48 PM
Kevin Owens will get an opportunity to win his third Intercontinental Championship this Friday but according to the former champion, he will be fine even if he doesn’t win the title.

The former Universal Champion recently appeared on WWE‘s The Bump where he talked about things such as his rivalry with Sami Zayn and more.

While discussing the upcoming match, Owens mentioned how he is a bit conflicted about winning the title because he is currently tied to Owen Hart for the number of days they have held the championship:

“As everybody knows, Owen Hart had a very positive influence on my career. What fans have pointed out to me in the past is that me and Owen share a birthday,

But also, we were both Intercontinental Champions twice.” said Kevin Owens, “If you add the total amount of days from our reigns, we both have the exact number of days as Intercontinental Champions.”

The former NXT star said that he almost doesn’t want to break this streak but he will allow it to happen because the current title has a new design compared to the last one which the wrestling legend and he both held.

Kevin Owens alongside Big E and Sami Zayn will challenge the current Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews in a fatal four way match for the title at this Friday’s episode of SmackDown.

You can check out Owens’ interview below:

6HrwnlDPJtM