PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair Talks About Why He Left WWE in 1993

Kemo
05-26-2021, 03:10 PM
Ric Flair is a wrestling legend. He has amassed a career that most will only ever dream of having. He is a two-time Hall of Famer and has literally done it all. Still very active and very much in love with the sport of professional wrestling, Ric recently sat down for a chat with the Ariel Helwani MMA Podcast.

During his talk, Ric Flair spent a bit of time talking about why he left WWE (then WWF) after just a year and a half in 1993. Coming off the back of a Royal Rumble win, Flair left the company and re-joined WCW. Prior to his return, Flair was vocal about his problems with then WCW management.

IwcrFq4MCPw

Even now, after returning to WWE in 2001, and creating an incredible legacy for himself and his family, he still openly regrets his decision to leave.

“I had another year and a half, the greatest time of my life, and the worst mistake I ever made [was leaving].” Flair said.

With the discussion turning to his reasons for leaving, Flair opened up, talking about the conversation he had with Vince McMahon.

“Vince [McMahon] said to me ‘We’re going to go younger,’ and he said ‘if you want to go back, they’ve been calling me every day so I’m sure they’ve been calling you, go in and go’.” With that, Flair left WWE and returned to WCW.

Ric Flair was also quick to credit Triple H for bringing him back and helping him get over his crippling anxiety over his career and what he could do.