PDA

View Full Version : JBL Reacts To Recent John Cena Controversy and Backlash

Kemo
05-26-2021, 03:11 PM
WWE Hall of Famer John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) recently reacted to the backlash that John Cena has received. The former World Heavyweight Champion took to social media to praise the character of Cena, saying that he ‘stands with him.’

Cena recently took part in interviews as part of promotion for his new film, Fast & Furious 9. The former WWE Champion referred to Taiwan as a country during the interview, leading to Chinese outlets and media demanding that he apologise for the incident.

John Cena did in fact release an apology video, speaking in Mandarin, hoping to try and clear up the situation.

“Hi China, I’m John Cena. I’m in the middle of Fast & Furious 9 promotions. I’m doing a lot of interviews. I made a mistake in one of my interviews,” Cena began. “Everyone was asking me if I could use Chinese… the staff [of the movie] gave me a lot of information, so there was a lot of interviews and information.”

“I made one mistake, I have to say something very, very, important now. I love and respect China and Chinese people. I’m very, very sorry about my mistake. I apologize, I’m very sorry. You must understand that I really love, really respect China and the Chinese people. My apologies. See you” John Cena concluded.

Reacting to the backlash that Cena has received since making the apology to China, JBL would praise the multiple time WWE Champion. “John Cena has granted over 600 Make a Wishes-a record. Supported cancer research, rise above hate campaign, a million of his own dollars for racial equality.”

“He has fought tirelessly for equality” JBL added. “An incredible track record of making the world better. I’ll stand with this guy” the former World Heavyweight Champion would conclude.