PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Broadcaster On How New Commentators Are Trained

Kemo
05-27-2021, 05:50 PM
WWE‘s development system for a new wrestler is always a topic of discussion and they also have an interesting set-up to train new broadcast personalities, according to Rich Bocchini.

The former NXT and SmackDown commentator recently had an interview with WrestlingInc where he revealed how the company trains new broadcasters.

Bocchini explained that there is no coach or trainer in the promotion for this kind of job. The company instead relies on a voiceover room where you can practice your skills by calling old matches:

“It was interesting. There is a voice-over room where I spent hours, honestly, calling the same matches over and over and over and over and over and over again, Me, Corey Graves, a lot of times, Matt Bloom and Byron [Saxton] would come in. We’d have the talent come in and call a couple matches just to kind of get a feel for it.

Something as simple as ‘oh, wow, I can slow down because now you have to explain something here.’ It gives you a different perspective of it,” said Bocchini, “but to say that there’s somebody there coaching you all day, it’s not like that.”

The former WWE star also revealed that the setup is configured in a way that the company’s most senior announcer Michael Cole is able to join the trainees in a video call and work with them.

Rich Bocchini had a stint with Reality Of Wrestling before joining WWE. He joined Major League Wrestling in 2017 after the end of his run with WWE.