PDA

View Full Version : The IIconics On Their Future After WWE Release

Kemo
05-28-2021, 01:47 PM
The IIconics have not made a decision about their future after their release from WWE but the duo has a couple of interesting destinations in mind.

The former tag team champions recently appeared on Busted Open Radio where they opened up about their time in WWE among other things.

When asked what’s next for the duo, Peyton Royce revealed that they want to move forward as a team because they are more comfortable together:

“We definitely want to stay together. We want to move forward together, just like we said in the first episode of Off Her Chops we’re just most comfortable together. We can play off each other so easily. We don’t even have to talk about what we’re going to do.”

The female star was then questioned about which promotion The IIconics might be interested in joining and Royce discussed what they could bring to the table for both AEW and Impact Wrestling:

“I think it’s tough, For example; AEW. I feel like we could really help their women’s division, though they don’t necessarily have a women’s tag division. But I feel we have that TV experience that we could bring to the division and help build that up.

And then with Impact they have a women’s tag team division, as well as an established Knockout’s division, that I feel we can easily slip into. So it’s like, I feel like we have a lot to offer both of them and, I don’t know.”

Billie Key explained how they are not only wrestlers but personalities and characters as well and they are just trying to figure out which company they would be better with.

The IIconics were released from their WWE contracts on April 15 this year. Their non compete clause with the company expires on July 14 and it would be interesting to see which promotion they end up on after that.