PDA

View Full Version : The Iiconics Say They Were Shocked By WWE Release

Kemo
05-30-2021, 06:20 PM
Many fans were surprised when the former Peyton Royce and Billie Kay were amongst the mass roster cuts in April. Cassie Lee and Jessie McKay say they were also shocked by the release. They spoke on the subject during a recent appearance on Busted Open Radio.

“It was a total shock. I had no idea,” said McKay. “When I got the phone call, I thought it was in regards to something else. I was like, ‘Oh, they need me to do something. I’m needed for something else’ and when I heard those words, ‘We’re going to release you,’ my heart dropped and I was just — I was so shocked and I was just heartbroken and I don’t have any answers and I don’t think I’m ever gonna get answers. So at the moment I’m just trying to have peace with that.”

Cassie Lee also spoke about not expecting to be released.

“So, it was absolutely a shock because obviously they do the budget cuts once a year but they hadn’t done it in a while and then I thought last year’s was just purely because of the pandemic so, I didn’t see it coming and maybe I should have, especially because I was really doing nothing since they split us up so,” Lee said. “I was like laying in the middle of a massage in my bedroom and the husband [Shawn Spears] walks in and says, ‘You should probably check your phone’ and I was like, ‘Um, okay’ and then I checked it and I was like, ‘Yep, I’m done.’ Jumped up off the bed not wearing anything and that’s when I realized what was going down.”

With the former Iiconics now free agents, many fans are wondering where they will end up next. They spoke about possibly ending up in either AEW or Impact Wrestling.

“It’s tough because for example, AEW, I think we could really help their women’s division,” Lee said. “They don’t necessarily have a women’s tag division, I could be wrong, I’m not sure. But I just feel like we have that TV experience that we could bring to the division and help build that up and with IMPACT, they have a women’s tag team division, a well-established — the Knockouts division that I easily feel we could slip into so it’s like, I feel like we have a lot to offer both of them and it’s — I don’t know, I don’t know.”

“It’s tough to figure out where you think would be the best fit because we are wrestlers but then we are heavy personalities and characters and we love that so I think it’s just blending the two like we always have and just figuring out which company we think we would be better with, you know? AEW or IMPACT,” said McKay.