PDA

View Full Version : Shaul Guerrero On WWE Saying She Couldn’t Use The Guerrero Name

Kemo
06-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Shaul Guerrero was recently interviewed by Chris Van Vliet. During the discussion, she mentioned that WWE told her on her first day with the company that she would not be allowed to use the Guerrero name. The daughter of Eddie and Vickie Guerrero was known as Raquel Diaz throughout her time in WWE.

“I remember being told, I’m not going to say by who, that if you suck, we can’t drag your family’s name in the mud. I’m like [shocked expression]. I understood that. Again, it’s like they never said I had to be as good as my dad, but there was always little things like that which are hard to ignore. That was day one.”

Guerrero noted that coming into WWE as the daughter of a legend was difficult.

“When I first went into wrestling, I went into the largest and most prestige company in the world. I am very grateful for that, but that also comes with the biggest amount of pressure. It was so intense, not to mention the Guerrero way, go hard or go home. High expectations are just in the family. I was having panic attacks just going to training sessions.”

Guerrero stepped away from wrestling in 2014 to deal with an eating disorder. She would marry Matt Rehwoldt/Aiden English in 2016. In 2018, she began performing burlesque under the stage name Miss Nyxon. She returned to wrestling in recent years but this February announced she would be taking a hiatus again to deal with mental health issues. During the interview, Guerrero noted that wrestling can be a bit of a trigger for her.

“I want to be honest and say that wrestling has been a huge blessing in my life. It’s always been the thing that has put food on our table, from me being a child to my husband being in WWE, that’s all I’ve known. But with me wrestling, there is so much pressure and so many expectations. I have put so much pressure on myself because I have huge shoes to fill. It was getting to an unhealthy point for me. I keep trying to be a wrestler and be the wrestler everyone wants me to be, but I think I am content with my skills on the microphone and commentary. I feel the most at home doing that so hopefully someone will have me.”

Os3Pp58G6RY