PDA

View Full Version : CHYNA Documentary Premieres June 17th On Vice (Trailer)

Kemo
06-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Vice TV has released a trailer for CHYNA, the upcoming documentary on the life and career of Joanie “Chyna” Laurer. It premieres Thursday, June 17th at 9pm (EST) on Vice.

“The rise and fall of iconic, trailblazing female wrestler Chyna—told through exclusive footage from the last year of her life.“

7Z27Xng0Q6s

Director Marah Strauch spoke to PEOPLE about the project.

“Joanie aka Chyna’s meteoric rise and fall is the stuff of Shakespearian drama, but underneath all that flash, she was an intelligent and sensitive person who struggled with addiction,” Strauch said.

“This documentary will give viewers an intimate and unfiltered view of her personal journey as a pop culture icon and beyond and will compassionately tell the true story of Chyna’s last year of life,” she continued.

Chyna’s mother, Janet LaQue, will participate in the documentary. She spoke to PEOPLE about her decision to do so.

“I participated in this documentary because, as Joanie’s mom, it was important to me to have the opportunity to tell my side of the story,” LaQue said. “Joanie was an awesome human being not only in the ring but, more importantly, beyond the ring. She was a wonderful person.”

“Joanie’s story is important to tell because people should know the vast extent her life’s positive impact had on so many others,” she added. “Her gentle, loving and caring way was astounding despite the inner grief and sadness she carried at the same time.”