PDA

View Full Version : Jake Atlas On Coming Out To Stephanie McMahon As Gay

Kemo
06-08-2021, 06:21 PM
Jake Atlas has had an interesting journey to WWE. It all started when the former indie star came out to Stephanie McMahon as gay without realizing who she was.

The young star recently appeared on WWE’s The Bump alongside guests such as Hall Of Famer Bret Hart, current NXT women’s tag team champions Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell, and more.

Discussing his infamous interaction with Stephanie McMahon, Atlas revealed that he hadn’t discussed his sexuality before his conversation with the WWE official:

“I wasn’t an ‘out’ performer before I met Stephanie. Meeting Stephanie undercover and not knowing it was Stephanie was so much better and helpful in a way, I don’t know if I would have been able to talk to her if I knew it was Stephanie.

“Meeting Stephanie and coming out to her… I mean, I came out to one of the most powerful people in professional wrestling. [After filming] I was a mess, and I was crying, and she hugged me.”

The 26-year-old appeared on an episode of Celebrity Undercover Boss as an undiscovered wrestler in 2018. The episode also featured WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon as an undercover boss.

During the show, Atlas explained to Stephanie that he wanted to become the first openly gay WWE champion. He was hired in an ambassador role by WWE after that and he was officially signed as a wrestler in 2019.

Mp7Uzy1gSoQ