PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Gargano Says He Was A ‘Made Man’ After NXT Feud With FTR

Kemo
06-09-2021, 10:23 PM
Johnny Gargano is one of the biggest names on the NXT roster. The leader of The Way, he was also part of the biggest faction in NXT history with Undisputed Era. He is a three-time North American Champion, a former NXT Champion and a tag-team champion. He is the first-ever NXT triple crown champion.

His NXT legacy is cemented. Yet, there is one feud in particular that Gargano credits for building his NXT career. During an appearance on the Out of Character podcast, Johnny Gargano credited DIY versus The Revival (FTR) for starting his NXT career.

“And then obviously, our work with Revival [Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood]. I cannot say enough good things about that. That really cemented us and really kind of — that was obviously our first TakeOver. TakeOver: Brooklyn at the Barclays Center was our first one and to go in there with those guys and to have that match, I don’t think I’d be sitting here today if that match didn’t go the way it did.”

Gargano continued, “I think that match went so well, it made them realize like, ‘Oh, wait a minute, we might have something special here with these guys and obviously the rest is history. But to be able to do that in Brooklyn then have the 2-out-of-3 Falls in Toronto, we were made men from those matches.”

The two matches between DIY and The Revival introduced the NXT universe to Johnny Gargano. Since debuting, his character has evolved, his style has evolved. The sky is the limit for Gargano, and exciting times are surely ahead.

vu4S9Ut0wr8