PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Avoids Question About Appearing At SummerSlam

Kemo
06-13-2021, 06:10 PM
There are many rumors about what big stars will be returning to WWE in the near future. One is that John Cena will return to WWE at SummerSlam on August 21st, possibly for a huge main event match with Roman Reigns. Cena was asked what he is doing on August 21st during a recent media appearance to promote Fast & Furious 9.

Cena was asked if he has any plans for August 21st, the date of this year’s SummerSlam in Las Vegas.

“Hopefully, enjoying the summer I don’t know,” Cena responded.

“In Vegas perhaps?” he was then asked.

“What’s in Vegas?” Cena asked in response.

“I heard there’s something called SummerSlam.”

“Oh *laughs* that was a good way to do that,” Cena admitted.

WWE appears to be going full throttle trying to get big stars to appear at marquee events throughout the remainder of 2021. In addition to the rumored Cena vs Reigns match at SummerSlam, there are also rumors WWE is hoping for The Rock to return at Survivor Series. That could also possibly be for a match against Roman Reigns.

Cena missed WrestleMania this year due to his filming schedule. He noted during an interview this spring that his schedule opens up around July, however.

“Currently, I’m in Vancouver shooting Peacemaker, the series for HBO Max,” Cena said earlier this year. “Given the quarantine regulations, if I were to leave Canada, upon return I would have to quarantine for another two weeks. Essentially, that would shut production down. Strictly based on the letter of the law right now, there is no logistical way I can be there. We film now until July.”