PDA

View Full Version : Vanessa Borne Says She Expressed Concerns About Retribution Angle To WWE

Kemo
06-15-2021, 05:30 PM
Vanessa Borne was released from WWE last month after having been with the company since 2015. According to comments she made recently to PW Insider, she was set to be part of the Retribution angle last summer. Borne says she raised concerns about the angle possibly mirroring real events, however. Shortly after she did so, she was told she was not going to be part of the group and was being sent back to NXT.

“I was called in and they had a pitch where I was part of RETRIBUTION. I was excited about being on TV for something, but I had a lot of questions,” Borne said. “I wanted to know what the group was about and how I fit in. I had some concerns because, during this time, there was stuff around the country with violence and we’re watching this unfold and it’s not pretty.”

“I wanted to know if the group was mimicking that. I expressed those concerns, but ultimately, I wanted to do what I was told and tried to figure out how I could help. Within the week, I got a call from Mark Carano saying, ‘We’re not going to have you as part of RETRIBUTION and we’re going to pull your contract. You’re getting sent back to NXT.’”

During her time in NXT, Vanessa Borne wrestled 15x in singles matches on WWE programming (i.e not including house shows). She only managed a record of 2-13 in those matches. Her victories were over Jessie Kamea on May 1st, 2019 and over Jayme Jameson in 2016.

Borne and Aliyah have wrestled 3x together as a tag-team on WWE programming. They had a 1-1-1 record. They defeated Xia Li & Tay Conti, went to a draw with Kacy Catanzaro & Lace Lane and then lost a match to Candice LeRae & Kacy Catanzaro. Those matches took place from February to April 2019.