PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Addresses Criticism Of His Involvement With The WWE Title

Kemo
06-17-2021, 12:11 AM
After years of hard work and rebuilding himself from the bottom following his WWE release, Drew McIntyre finally got his opportunity last year. The Scottish Psychopath got a chance to challenge for the WWE championship after winning the 2020 Royal Rumble. He then defeated Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 36 and went on to have an impressive run with the world title.

However, the former champion has continued his involvement with the title even after dropping the belt to Bobby Lashley earlier this year. His continuous presence in the title picture has started attracting some criticism from fans and McIntyre himself recently addressed the fan backlash.

Drew recently had an interview with Ryan Satin of Fox Sports. Discussing the recent negative reaction to his involvement in the world title scene, the former champion said that he doesn’t think anyone questions the work he puts in. The fans instead are just looking for some fresh stories:

“I understand some fans may be like, ‘Ugh, I’d like a new fresh face in the picture,’ I have been fighting for the title, or been champion, for over a year now – which is a pretty significant time – but I don’t think anyone is saying, ‘Oh my goodness, Drew’s not working as hard as he can to give us the best matches possible and do the best he can with every interview possible.’ I think it’s more, ‘I would like to see something different here and see Drew do something different over here.’”

Apart from this, the former NXT champion talked about things such as his incredible title reign, his feud with Randy Orton, and more. Drew McIntyre will get a final opportunity to challenge Bobby Lashley for the WWE championship at Hell In A Cell this Sunday. If he loses the bout, he will not be able to challenge for the title as long as the All-Mighty is holding the belt.