PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie McMahon Says WWE Has Surprises Planned For SummerSlam

Kemo
06-17-2021, 08:51 PM
WWE‘s Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon confirmed that there will be some surprises at SummerSlam this year. Speaking to Yahoo Finance, McMahon also said that there are currently no plans for her to back into the ring herself anytime in the near future.

“Ever since Ronda Rousey broke my arm, I have a little PTSD” Stephanie McMahon stated in-character, remembering her WrestleMania 34 match with Kurt Angle, Triple H and Ronda Rousey.

“I’m not sure you’re going to see me in the ring anytime soon; but I guarantee for SummerSlam, there is going to be a lot of surprises” McMahon confirmed.

It’s not clear exactly what the surprises may entail, but we do have some indication as to what WWE is planning.

It was reported in the last few months that Cardi B is being considered as the ‘host’ of SummerSlam. This hasn’t been officially confirmed by the company, but there were multiple sources including the Mat Men podcast who stated that WWE are working hard to get her on board.

The other potential surprise would arguably be John Cena returning to WWE, although this would be announced prior, so it’s difficult to see this as a ‘surprise’ of sorts. Cena would be returning for a match against Roman Reigns, which has been heavily touted over the past few weeks.