PDA

View Full Version : Virgil Sends Message To Million Dollar Champion LA Knight

Kemo
06-17-2021, 08:55 PM
LA Knight defeated Cameron Grimes to become the new Million Dollar Champion at TakeOver: In Your House. According to former champion Virgil (aka Soul Train Jones, aka Vincent), Knight is just the latest holder of the title to rip off something of his.

“First Stone Cold steals my haircut now this dude? Is it just me or am I seeing this guy rip off my exact pose when I legitimized this title? May have to show up this week and put my foot in yo ass,” Virgil wrote on Instagram.

Virgil defeated Ted Dibiase for the Million Dollar title at SummerSlam 91. He’d drop it back to Dibiase that November. Dibiase then abandoned the title after winning the tag belts along with IRS. He brought the title back in 1995 when he began managing Steve Austin as “The Ringmaster.” The title was then deactivated when Dibiase left for WCW the following year. It would be brought back briefly again in 2010 when Ted Dibiase Jr. held the belt.

Knight was interviewed recently by PW Insider and spoke about his match with Grimes at In Your House.

“Well, hell, at this point, I think we’re both just trying to get our bodies in one piece after last night,” LA Knight said. “He took a hell of a spill at the end. And then, I took a couple of nasty spills in there. And I know if he’s feeling anything like I’m feeling today, we’re both feeling like complete crap. And at this point, it’s just take it a day at a time, and look, tomorrow’s another episode of NXT on USA. So, who knows what could happen if he shows up, if he doesn’t. Maybe he decides to take a little time off. Nobody knows, but I guess in the coming weeks, we’ll find out.”