PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Riott On What Name She’ll Use In Her Post-WWE Career

Kemo
06-20-2021, 09:23 PM
Dori Prange, better known to WWE fans as Ruby Riott, was released from the company this spring after having been with them since 2016. Before signing with WWE, Riott was known as Heidi Lovelace. According to comments she made recently while on the Wrestling Perspectives podcast, she will not be returning to that name.

“A lot of people think that I’m going back to Heidi Lovelace. There are a multitude of reasons why I don’t want to do that. I was not a fan of that name,” Riott said on the show. “It was given to me by the people who trained me in the backyard. They were watching Raw and a commercial for The Hills came on and they were like ‘Heidi, that’s a name’ and they gave it to me.”

Riott also spoke about not liking the name Lovelace either.

“Nobody ever pronounced Lovelace correctly. Why come up with a wrestling name that people can’t pronounce? That’s a terrible idea. A lot of people thought I was going to go back to it. I have no intentions of going back to Heidi Lovelace.”

Finally, Riott spoke about wanting to keep the name Ruby. She noted that it comes from the Rancid song, Ruby Soho.

“I am shopping for a new name I would like to keep [the name Ruby] if it’s possible. I feel like it fits me. Ruby came from Ruby Soho and that’s dear to my heart.”

Riott wrestled for 6 years for promotions such as SHIMMER, World Wonder Ring Stardom, CHIKARA, SHINE, and the Insane Clown Posse’s Juggalo Championship Wrestling before signing with WWE. She’s won titles with Ohio Valley Wrestling, Shimmer and many other promotions. Riott never won a championship during her WWE career.

8QZG-bUG8NU