PDA

View Full Version : Trish Stratus On Not Liking The Term Diva

Kemo
06-21-2021, 02:39 PM
WWE started branding female wrestlers as divas after the attitude era. It appears that just like the fans; Trish Stratus wasn’t very fond of the term either.

The WWE Hall Of Famer recently appeared on Oral Sessions podcast where she opened up about things including her start in the company and more.

During the interview, Stratus admitted not liking the rebranding of their division as divas division. She explained that she never called herself a diva even when WWE was pushing the term:

“I don’t think I ever uttered the word Diva, maybe I did, but in interviews I never called myself Diva. I refused. I just didn’t get it, I didn’t get,

Because I enjoyed, in the beginning that we were called superstars.” said Trish Stratus, “We were all called superstars. And when they started this Diva thing I was like ‘ugh.’”

Though later in the interview, the former women’s champion mentioned how she is not speaking against the talent who competed for the divas championship.

Trish Stratus competed as a full-time WWE superstar from 2000 to 2006. She has been making sporadic appearances for the promotion since then. She was inducted into the Hall Of Fame back in 2013.