PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley On What The Undertaker Told Him About Their Hell In A Cell Match

Kemo
06-21-2021, 02:41 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Mick Foley was the most recent guest on Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions where he discussed his legendary Hell In A Cell match with The Undertaker from the 1998 King Of The Ring.

The Hardcore Legend first admitted that for the longest time he was sensitive towards the fact that people remembered him for the cell match more than anything else he did in his career.

However, his perspective changed after a conversation with the Undertaker where the Dead Man told the wrestling veteran that the memory of the match will outlive both of them:

“We start reminiscing and Taker looks at me — he still called me ‘Jack’ at the time, one of the last holdouts from my Cactus Jack days — ‘Jack, what you and I did that night will outlive us both. ‘

‘People will be talking about that match long after you and I are gone,’ it was almost like I feel this weight being lifted off my shoulders.”

Mick Foley mentioned how there have been many great workers in the industry who aren’t remembered for anything. He admitted that he is now grateful for having a number of moments people still talk about to this day:

“You know how many great workers there have been in our business who aren’t remembered for anything?

It’s like, now I have got not only this match but the title change with The Rock. I got a few things and it no longer bothers me that I’m asked about that match, almost every single day.”

Mick Foley also recalled how his brother usually showed WWE PPVs to their mother the next day but he didn’t show her the one featuring this brutal match. You can check out Foley’s comments in the video below:

gXS9vWXx5vw