PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Reacts To Hell In A Cell Loss

Kemo
06-21-2021, 02:42 PM
Drew McIntyre gave everything he had but he still failed to defeat Bobby Lashley and capture the WWE championship in the main event of the Hell In A Cell PPV.

The former champion reacted to his disheartening loss on Twitter. He shared photos of his bruised back after the brutal match and mentioned how fans will have to wait more for seeing him as the WWE champion in person:

“It’s been a wild ride. I’ve always wanted to make all of you proud,” wrote Drew McIntyre, “And I hoped that you would get the chance to see me live and in person as WWE Champion. Looks like that dream is on hold for awhile. Thanks for all your support. #HIAC”

The Scottish Warrior challenged Bobby Lashley for the WWE championship one final time inside Hell In A Cell this Sunday. This main event cage match was as brutal as expected with both the opponents using multiple weapons.

McIntyre seemed to have the upper hand in the match until he accidentally knocked the referee out. Drew then called in for another referee. MVP seized the opportunity by entering the cage himself when the door opened. While Drew took out MVP for a while with a claymore, he came back.

The ending of the match saw MVP stopping him from delivering a claymore kick to Lashley. This distraction allowed Lashley to roll Drew McIntyre for the pin. As per the stipulation of the match, the former WWE champion now cannot challenge for the title as long as Bobby Lashley is the champion.