PDA

View Full Version : Aleister Black Expected To End Up In AEW

Kemo
06-21-2021, 02:47 PM
There have been several reports lately that WWE may be second-guessing the decision to release Aleister Black (aka Tommy End) from the company. Black was released earlier this month despite having seemingly just started a program with Big E on Smackdown. His free agency was addressed recently on Wrestling Observer Radio.

A question was asked on the show about if WWE would have to re-sign Black to bring him back.

“They would have to re-sign him, it’s like with Drake Maverick, they did have to re-sign him,” Meltzer said.

“I know that a lot of guys that they have cut over the years have then been offered new contracts for far less money and very few of them go back,” he continued.

Black is in his 90-day no compete window. He would not be free to to negotiate with other companies until the end of August or beginning of September. WWE has exclusive negotiating rights with Black during this time. Despite this, it is being reported that Black is expected to end up in AEW.

“Unofficially, because you are not allowed to negotiate and all that but I certainly have heard at one point not many days ago to expect him in AEW,” Meltzer said. “Officially, there’s no deal and there can’t be a deal until end of August, I think.”

I appreciate all the support over the past few days. Still feeling good, motivated and driven. A huge sense of relief came and the realization that with cuffs and restrictions I could create all that, cuffs that I now no longer have. Feeling pride in all I have done and will do.

— Tommy End (@TommyEnd) June 5, 2021