PDA

View Full Version : Update On Kevin Owens Taking Time Away From WWE

Kemo
06-27-2021, 08:26 PM
Shortly after losing to Sami Zayn on the Hell in a Cell PPV, Kevin Owens took to Twitter to say he was taking some time away. Now, he’s scheduled to face Sami Zayn in a Last Man’s Standing match on next week’s Smackdown. The winner will qualify for the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match.

What is going on with Kevin Owens possibly taking time away from WWE was addressed recently on Wrestling Observer Radio.

“I asked ‘what’s up with Kevin? Is he hurt? And it’s like ‘No, he asked for personal time off,'” Meltzer said on the show. “I was told that specifically.”

“Well, he got a week off!” said Bryan Alvarez.

Why Owens seemed like he was taking time away but now has a match scheduled for next week is not immediately clear.

“This booking is giving me a headache. Trying to decipher this booking, it doesn’t work,” Meltzer continued.

I fought like hell.
Now, I need a little break.
I’ll be back soon.

Thank you, guys.

— Kevin (@FightOwensFight) June 21, 2021

Owens also noted in the below Tweet that he “can’t stay away for very long.”

If you’ve paid any attention to my career, you know that I can’t stay away for very long, especially when I get a chance like this.

You also know what I do in this kind of match. You already know this is going to be must-see…

And against him on top of it?

Don’t miss it.

— Kevin (@FightOwensFight) June 26, 2021