PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe Scouting Talent For WWE, Wants To Wrestle Again

Kemo
06-28-2021, 06:59 PM
Samoa Joe is motivated to get back in the ring. During an appearance on the Out of Character podcast, Joe told Ryan Satin that he is “absolutely” working on getting medically cleared to compete again. He’s been sidelined since February 2020 due to concussion-related injuries.

He recently returned to WWE television after a 2-month hiatus. He was released on April 15th, but now serves as NXT General Manager William Regal’s new enforcer. Since returning, we’ve seen Joe cross paths with some of NXT’s top stars.

Samoa Joe sees several NXT competitors he’d like to mix it up with. “Karrion Kross and Pete Dunne are at the top of that list,” he said. “A guy like WALTER, people have been asking for it, I’m not blind. It’s for good reason. The guy is a powerhouse and people want to see some furniture moving.”

Joe vs. WALTER is a dream match that would have wrestling fans salivating. We can only hope it comes to fruition one day. He also named Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Kyle O’Reilly and Bronson Reed as potential opponents.

TTSWLn2mY2c

In addition Samoa Joe’s new on-screen role, he is also scouting talent for WWE and doing other tasks behind-the-scenes.

“It’s a transition into some of the other aspects of the business,” says Joe. “It’s an evolution of my journey. It was a cool opportunity that Hunter offered me. It was a very nice understanding that we had come to.”

Joe is particularly well-suited for his job . He follows pro wrestling, MMA and other sports closely. His vast network of connections will be a valuable resource for WWE as they look to sign the next generation of athletes.