PDA

View Full Version : John Cena On Sleeping In His Car, Changing His Mind About Fatherhood

Kemo
07-01-2021, 06:19 PM
John Cena is one of the most successful wrestlers in the history of the business. Not only was he the face of WWE for more than 15 years but he has carved a place for himself in Hollywood after moving on from the company as well.

However, his rise to the top was not an easy journey. The former world champion recently had an interview with The Sun where he opened up about his struggles before becoming a professional wrestler.

Cena recalled the time he left his home in Massachusetts and went to Los Angeles to pursue a career in bodybuilding. Due to the lack of resources, the former world champion slept in his car and showered in a gym he worked at:

“I slept in my car for a while, which happened to be a very roomy 1991 Lincoln Town Car. I had my clothes in the trunk and I slept in the back seat. I’d wake up, use the locker rooms and the shower and repeat the process all over again.”

Dad told me I would be home with my tail between my legs in two weeks. Sure enough, I went through my resources quickly and had to think on my feet. I didn’t want to go home crying.”

John Cena had previously ruled out the possibility of having kids. This is one of the primary reasons why his engagement with fellow WWE star Nikki Bella ended.

However, now that Cena is a little older and has a lot more experience on his hands, he is considering a change to his stand. Talking about it during the interview, he didn’t rule out the possibility of fatherhood completely:

“I’m a little bit older, a bit wiser. I’m realising there is life and life exists and it’s beautiful — and I think part of that is being a parent, so we’ll see.”

John Cena started dating Canadian engineer Shay Shariatzadeh in early 2019 after his breakup with Nikki Bella. The couple got married in a private ceremony in October 2020.