PDA

View Full Version : Lana Recalls Getting Punished In WWE After Her Engagement To Miro

Kemo
07-02-2021, 10:12 PM
The WWE career of Lana was a rollercoaster ride. It included highs such as getting pushed to main event status during her storyline with Bobby Lashley to lows where she got punished for her real-life engagement with Miro, who was known as Rusev at the time.

The former WWE star recently appeared on Talk Is Jericho. She opened up about her time in the company and discussed her career there in detail.

During the interview, Lana recalled the time when she got engaged to Miro and the news got leaked. She remembered how WWE officials were not happy with the news getting out and explained how the duo got blamed for it. This resulted in her ongoing storyline with Dolph Ziggler getting cut short:

“I didn’t even put up a picture. I just sent it to my friend. Then I guess, someone leaked it. I never, ever posted it. TMZ got a hold of it, and then basically TMZ said we were engaged.

“The story [with Dolph] got cut, and we got blamed for it. Personally, I got blamed. It’s insane. I got in trouble. I wasn’t on television for three months. I was made to feel that it was all my fault. I had to take the blame. For years I thought, maybe it was my fault.”

Lana later revealed that she made up for this mistake during her storyline with Bobby Lashley. She promised Vince McMahon that she would not take pictures with someone she was feuding with. To keep this promise, she didn’t post any photos with Miro for almost a year.

The Ravishing Russian was signed by WWE in June 2013. She was originally paired with Rusev. The female star’s 8-year long stint came to an end when she was released from the company last month.