PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Talks One of His ‘Biggest’ WWE Career Regrets

Kemo
07-03-2021, 04:27 PM
International megastar and former WWE Superstar Dwayne ‘The Rock‘ Johnson recently revealed a career ‘regret’ from his time in WWE, specifically from The Invasion in 2001 when WCW and ECW ‘invaded’ the company.

Hurricane Helms tweeted that he was watching an old Rock vs Booker T match from SummerSlam 2001. “Doing cardio watching @TheRock vs @BookerT5x from @WWE SummerSlam 2001. Two of my favorite opponents and favorite people I’ve worked with in the Biz. I wish these two woulda had more matches together.”

The Rock then responded to this, saying that he too wishes he had the opportunity to work more with Booker T when both men were in WWE. “Thank you, brother. I do too actually” Dwayne Johnson revealed. “One of my biggest regrets was not having a long run w Book.”

“He was one of my fav workers and the best pure athlete I’ve ever wrestled” The Rock continued. “Fluid, sharp, believable movements and work style. I always say his moves had a rare swagger.”

The feud between The Rock and Booker T during the Invasion was a dud, as was the whole angle itself. Booker T should’ve been shown as on the same level as The Great One for the angle to even work, and WWE (then WWF) decided to have The Rock steamroll through the five time WCW Champion.

It’s arguably the biggest misstep in Booker T’s WWE career, as it took years to rehab the character until he was seen as a legitimate main event talent…this was before he lost to Triple H at WrestleMania 19, but that’s a different story.

_xt3OPdEbkc