PDA

View Full Version : Ken Shamrock on the Real Reasons Behind His WWE Departure

Kemo
07-04-2021, 09:37 PM
Ken Shamrock was once regarded as the most dangerous man on the planet. After moving from the octagon to the squared circle in 1997, everybody was excepting big things from him. However, just two years later, in 1999, Shamrock quit the WWE (then WWF).

During a recent appearance on the Kurt Angle Show podcast, Shamrock spoke about his time in WWE and what was going through his mind when he quit the company.

CJPHiiTHP0g

Talking candidly, Ken Shamrock said it all started with the now infamous Montreal screw job, and Owen Hart’s death. Citing a lack of trust and insecurity as the main thing that brought an end to his WWE career.

“I think there was a lot of insecurity on my end when they did the thing with Bret Hart. Then the thing with Owen and then they did the little skit thing with the Road Warriors where he fell off the big screen and then we saw a body fall behind it,”

Ken Shamrock is not alone with his thoughts and feelings on things. Time passes, and old wounds can heal, but trust is something needed in the moment.

“Everything that I was taught going into the WWF was that you had to trust people and that when you went into the ring, the guy across from you, you had to trust he would do his job and you were going to do yours, the announcers were going to do their jobs and so on. It just felt like it came apart.” Ken Shamrock confessed.

During his time with WWE, Ken Shamrock held two titles and won the 1998 King of the Ring tournament. One can only wonder at what Shamrock could have achieved had he remained in WWE.