PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Cross On The Inspiration Behind Her Superhero Gimmick

Kemo
07-05-2021, 08:42 PM
The new Superhero gimmick of Nikki Cross caught a lot of people off guard. It has received mixed reactions from the fans online so far. During her recent appearance on Espanol’s El Brunch De WWE, the former Sanity member opened up about her new character and revealed the inspiration behind it.

Cross revealed that the idea was being discussed since the Royal Rumble PPV back in January this year. She then discussed how she used to watch superhero cartoons as a child and explained how it inspired her to create the character:

“The idea started to form right about the Royal Rumble, for me, I’ve always taken a lot of inspiration, a lot of comfort, a lot of escapism from superhero movies and superhero television shows in Scotland as a little girl. I would always watch the X-Men cartoon, the Spiderman cartoons.

For me, I really wanted to come up with something that was really inspirational to little girls and boys and something that is a very positive message. To me, the whole message is that I don’t have super powers,” said Nikki Cross, “I don’t have super speed, I don’t have super strength, I can’t fly unfortunately but it’s so you don’t need superpowers to be a superhero.”

The former NXT star continued by saying that she wanted to share the message that you can be a superhero by being good to people and standing up for those in need around you. Apart from this, Nikki Cross also talked about choosing the costume for her new persona. She claimed that she wanted to create something which people can replicate easily.

Nikki Cross was drafted to Raw brand in the 2020 draft. While still being seen on WWE TV every now and then, Cross hadn’t been part of any meaningful storyline since then. The former champion debuted her new superhero gimmick called ‘The Spirit’ during the June 21 episode of Raw last month.