PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Doctor Recalls Sewing Up Mick Foley’s Mouth After HIAC Fall

Kemo
07-05-2021, 08:50 PM
It has been twenty-three years since the Undertaker dropped Mick Foley through the roof of Hell in a Cell. Yet it is still one of the most talked-about moments in WWE history. Talking in a recent interview with Wrestling Inc., a former WWE doctor has detailed the full extent of Mick Foley’s injuries.

Frank Romascavage was in the ring with Mick and was there to collect his teeth and sew up his mouth backstage at the event.

“I was in the ring. You’ll see me in that match. I’m in the ring there, and Mick, he got beat up. He was hurting big time. I said, “Mick, come on. We’re gonna get you through this.” I took him in the back in the locker room back there.”

Romascavage went on to talk about how Mick Foley was lucky that the accident occurred where it did, and not one of the many other venues WWE held events.

“You couldn’t be in a better place. The University of Pittsburgh has a 24/7 on-call orthodontic dental type program,” he explained. “I called up the dentists or the dental orthodontic guy, whoever was on call, and I said, “Do you like wrestling?” He says, “I love wrestling.”

Together they got Mick Foley patched up to the point he was still able to come back to the arena and interfere in the show’s main event match.

Going into the Hell in a Cell match, Mick Foley was already a hardcore legend, but it was that moment that cemented his place in history. A moment that to this day is still costing him a lot of money in dental bills.

Talking recently to Steve Austin on Broken Skull sessions, Mick Foley admits he was lucky to survive his fall. Had he not been so tired and sold the chokeslam with the usual vigour he believes he would have met his end at that moment.

“But if I’d had the energy and I’d gone up for this chokeslam the way that I usually did, then you and I are not having this conversation. It’s the only time I take a bad chokeslam. Because of that, I don’t over-rotate and land on my head.”