PDA

View Full Version : Bayley Admits to Feeling ‘Intimidated’ by Title Match Stipulation

Kemo
07-05-2021, 08:51 PM
Getting ready for a title match is always going to be a test of nerves. Getting ready to go into a title match with a wild stipulation is something else entirely. For former WWE champion Bayley, the pressure of the impending I Quit match with Bianca Belair is intimidating.

Talking to the hosts of WWE Talking Smack, Bayley made the confession. “So, this match is a little intimidating for me.”

However, in true heel form, she soon turned her nerves into an attack on her opponent. “Imagine how Bianca feels. Yeah, it’s intimidating to me, but I’ve been ready for every single thing that’s been thrown at me in my career in WWE since day one. I’m ready for anything. Bianca is done for. I don’t care what she thinks or the title that she holds because it’s coming back home.”

This will be the third meeting between the pair, with Bianca Belair having won the previous two matches. Belair won the Smackdown title back at Wrestlemania and has looked confident in her reign ever since. Bayley, however, is a multiple-time champion and will be looking to use her experience to her advantage in this rare match.

This match will be just the third match of its kind for women in WWE history. The first came in 2008 when Melina and Beth Phoenix squared off.

The second was an NXT UK Women’s Championship match in 2020. The champion retained that night, and Bianca Belair will be hoping to emulate that at Money in the Bank.

Bayley, however, will be looking to lay her hands on a third Smackdown Women’s championship belt, and make amends not only for her two previous losses against Belair but also for her elimination from the Royal Rumble earlier this year. Belair went on to win the event, thus earning her fateful shot at Wrestlemania.