PDA

View Full Version : NXT UK’s Candy Floss Releases Statement On #SpeakingOut Rumors

Kemo
07-05-2021, 08:52 PM
NXT UK’s Candy Floss recently took to Twitter to release a statement about difficulties she has had to endure following the #SpeakingOut movement. Without naming anyone, Floss noted that rumors regarding her relationship spread around the wrestling industry following the onset of the movement. This led to Progress Wrestling hiring an independent investigator to look into claims regarding her partner.

“After the Speaking Out movement, concerns and rumors about my relationship with my partner started to make their way around the wrestling industry,” she begins her statement with.

“Earlier this year, these rumors found their way to wrestling promotions. Progress Wrestling paid for an independent safeguarding consultant and former police officer to conduct a thorough investigation. The case was closed months ago as it was found that everything was absolutely fine, and the whistleblower was informed of this.”

Candy Floss would then say that some people continued to spread rumors despite the investigation by an independent safeguarding consultant.

“I’ve seen a wrestler who has made a name for themselves over the last year by being very vocal about change and things being done properly gossiping about these rumors on a fan Discord server, when we’ve never even met.”

She continued to say that the rumors have cost her partner bookings as well.

“There have even been promotions that contacted the safeguarding consultant, were given the results of the investigation and were so impressed that they actually asked to employ her, but still unbooked my partner.”

Her statement continued to say that even though people say “Believe Victims” her experience is that it’s only “Believe victims until they say they’re not a victim and everything’s fine, then just don’t listen to them.”

“The Speaking Out Movement revealed so many problems and started a much needed conversation,” she concludes her statement with. “But it’s not a conversation if you’re not listening.”

I’m very sad and anxious to do this as I know how twitter can be.

I’m not naming names, going into details or opening up a discussion. This isn’t about justifying myself, I just need my voice to be heard.

This was written with the help of Sarah Dyer @pikapies #speakingout

— CANDY FLOSS (@CFlossWrestler) July 4, 2021